A balanced best breakfast is a meal essential to the well-being of the child. Indeed, h
It is important for parents to adapt the menu according to the age of the child. A 6-year-old child does not have the same energy needs as a 3-year-old child.
The Best Breakfast, Is There Such A Thing?
No, the best breakfast does not exist. Nevertheless, nutritional rules must be respected for a balanced breakfast that will provide enough energy for your child for the whole morning:
- Dairy Products: Milk, yogurt, fresh cheese … Calcium for strong bones! If your child is reluctant to consume dairy products, mix honey with his yogurt or add powdered chocolate to his milk. You can also try bread sandwiches with fresh cheese. The growth of milk is recommended for children, but cow’s milk may well be suitable for more than 3 years.
- Carbohydrates And Slow Sugars: Bread, cereals, rusks … Bread contributes a lot to the feeling of satiety, it can prevent your child from starting to feel hungry before lunch! Prepare her sandwiches with butter and a little jam if he likes that. As for cereals, they will bring him the necessary energy for the whole morning.
- Fruits: Whole or diced, compote, juice or smoothie … The fruits will provide vitamins, minerals, and fiber to your child! If you opt for a fruit juice, choose those that are “no added sugar”. The advantage of the latter is that it allows the child to rehydrate after a long night’s sleep. If you have no juice or do not want to drink it, insist that he drink at least one glass of water before going to school.
Occasional Because Of Often Too Fat Or Too Sweet:
- Proteins: Eggs (fried, omelet or boiled) and/or a slice of ham. The savory breakfasts allow varying tastes in the week of the child.
- Viennese pastries: brioches, biscuits, cakes … Avoid the “breakfast” biscuits of the supermarkets as well as the children’s cereals which are much too sweet. Choose cakes, pancakes or homemade waffles. Treat yourself to these delicacies on weekends!
The Breakfast, Ideal To Share A Moment In Family
It allows you to meet together in the morning and take your time before the stress of the day. Here are some tips for getting organized and giving yourself a few minutes with your family:
- Prepare the breakfast table the day before to lose less time in the morning. All you have to do is take out the fresh produce.
- Wake up your child earlier by advancing your alarm clock of 20 minutes, it avoids the hurried departures and the breakfasts swallowed in speed.
- Show the example to your child! Do not stand next to him while drinking your coffee, sit down to table with him. The child will feel less lonely in front of his breakfast and will be able to take an example on you. The images will captivate the child and he will not pay attention to what he eats, make the habit of making him eat at the table with dad and/or mom.