Breakfast ideas for kids are important. This is mainly because they are a source of essential nutrients that, in addition to increasing energy, promote well-being.
Also, according to the evidence, good breakfast ideas for kids helps reduce problems such as childhood obesity, as it promotes the feeling of satiety and reduces binge eating at other times of the day. At the same time, it favors the absorption of nutrients such as fiber and calcium, fundamental in its development process.
For this reason, if you were looking for healthy recipes for your children’s breakfasts, in this article you will find a way to prepare 5 great options appropriate for them. Do not miss it!
Breakfast Ideas For Kids – Yogurt With Cereals
Natural yogurt is one of the best foods for children’s breakfast. According to the conclusions of recent research published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, the consumption of this product is associated with higher nutrient intake, better diet quality and a favorable metabolic profile in children.
Among other things, and according to the study, this food favors your cardiovascular health and the maintenance of healthy body weight. Therefore, we propose to combine it with other healthy ingredients such as whole grain, almonds, and blueberries.
- 1 cup whole-grain cereal (40 g)
- 1 glass of plain yogurt (200 ml)
- 3 tablespoons almonds (30 g)
- 1 cup blueberries (150 g)
- 1 tablespoon chocolate drops (10 g)
- 2 tablespoons honey (50 g)
- First, pour the glass of yogurt and honey into a bowl.
- Then, beat a little, that way it will be creamier.
- Then wash the blueberries and almonds.
- Cut them into small pieces and add them to the bowl.
- Finally, add the cereal along with the chocolate drops.
- We recommend preparing this delicious breakfast for your children at least once a week.
- In addition, you can also add the fruits you prefer to adapt it to your tastes.
Apple Pancakes – Breakfast Ideas For Kids
A publication in the Nutrition Journal indicates that apple consumption is related to better diet quality and lower risk of obesity in children. In fact, it suggests that the consumption of apple and its derivatives should be encouraged to comply with fruit recommendations in minors.
Therefore, apple pancakes are one of the best breakfasts for children. They are not only very healthy but also soft, fluffy and delicious.
- 1 apple
- 1 cup wheat flour (200 g)
- 5 tablespoons sugar (50 g)
- 1 pinch of salt (1 g)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla (10 ml)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (5 g)
- 1 tablespoon of butter (20 g)
Breakfast Ideas For Kids-Preparation
- First, shell the eggs and carefully separate the egg whites from the yolks, without mixing.
- Then, in a bowl, add the flour, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Mix it with a spoon.
- Next, add the egg yolks, the milk and the pinch of salt.
- Beat it well until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Then, wash and peel the apples, taking away their hearts and seeds.
- Grate them and add them to the dough.
- Mix again with a teaspoon.
- Then, put a pan over high heat, adding a little butter to the surface.
- Pour a little of the mixture into the pan.
- Finally, turn it after 2 minutes, on the first side, and let it cook a minute on the other.
- Repeat the process with each pancake.
- We suggest you add some fruit or honey to the surface of the pancake. That way it will taste even more delicious for children.
Muesli With Fruits – Breakfast Ideas For Kids
According to a study published through the American Family Physician, the best food options for young children are fresh and minimally processed varieties, such as fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, seeds, and whole grains.
Considering the above, this is one of the most delicious and complete breakfasts you can offer your children to start the day since the muesli will provide them with an excellent variety of cereals, fruits, and yogurt.
- 3 tablespoons wheat flakes (30 g)
- 4 tablespoons oatmeal (40 g)
- 1 cup raspberries (150 g)
- 4 strawberries
- 2 tablespoons honey (50 g)
- 1 plain yogurt (125 g)
- 2 tablespoons walnuts (40 g)
- 2 tablespoons almonds (30 g)
- First, mix the oat flakes together with the wheat flakes in a bowl.
- Then wash the strawberries and raspberries.
- Then cut them into small pieces.
- Similarly, wash the nuts and almonds, chopping them as much as you can.
- Then, add the fruits, almonds, and nuts to the bowl.
- Finally, add honey and yogurt, mixing all the ingredients well.
- Consumption mode
- We suggest you put this breakfast at least once a week to your children. That way they can take advantage of all their nutrients and benefits, keeping their body healthy.