Bread pudding in the oven is a dish that consists of baked pieces of bread, mixed with evaporated milk or condensed milk and egg yolks. Some varieties include raisins, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, or other sweet spices. Bread pudding can be served hot or cold in fine restaurants along with port wine sauce. The dish is popular mainly in Europe, the Americas, and Africa.
Bread pudding is the result of throwing away stale bread, such as in a baguette or French loaf, but can also be made with dried cake ( brioche ) or croissants. Eggs give the mixture a special texture and consistency.
Bread pudding in the oven is a type of dessert that was initially prepared during medieval times when bread, milk, eggs “and other spices” were placed in a pot and baked. It can be made using leftover or stale bread – which is then soaked in milk or cream before being baked with additional ingredients such as dried fruit, nuts, chocolate chips, etc. Additional flavors can come from vanilla extract, lemon zest, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
Bread pudding in the oven has 3 ingredients that change and shape.
Bread (bread or rolls, maria dough) – 2 cups sliced
Milk (low)- 4 cups
Eggs (one per person you intend to serve ) – 1 unit
First, cut the bread cubes and place them in a pan/dish where they will be baking. Then pour milk and eggs on top of the bread. The mixture should be well distributed between all pieces of bread. Bake for 8 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius, then lower the heat to 160 ° C and continue cooking for 30 minutes more. Finally, remove from the oven and cool before serving. Enjoy your meal! * It does not need syrup because its taste is sweet.
It’s really easy to make bread pudding. It costs less than 10 euros, even if you use expensive bread!
Bread pudding with vanilla sauce
The best way to enjoy your favorite dessert: Enjoy it warm with ice cream or whipped cream! You will love this creamy and delicious dairy delight! Ingredients: – Bread (bread or rolls, maria dough) – 2 cups slices – Milk (low)- 4 cups – Whipping Cream- 1 cup – Vanilla Pods – 2 pods – Sugar (optional, if you want your dessert sweeter)
Butter (for greasing)
Powdered sugar (for dusting) Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Cut the bread into cubes and place them in a pan.
3. Split open the vanilla pod halves lengthwise and scrape out its seeds with a knife or spoon to release the pulp.
4. Melt butter in a saucepan, then add vanilla pods with pulp, cream, and milk.
5. Bring this mixture to boiling point so that the vanilla flavors are fully released before reducing heat for 10 minutes more to thicken it up.
6. Remove from heat and mix again until smooth.
7. Pour the mixture over bread and mix all together to allow the liquid to permeate the bread cubes evenly.
8. Bake for approximately 30 minutes until golden brown on top and ready.
9. Serve warm or cold as you prefer with a dusting of powdered sugar on top.